Immigration Lawyer

Your Life. Your Terms. Our Commitment


Apply for Canadian Permanent Residence as a Federal Skilled Worker

If you can bring with you the knowledge and skills that Canadian economy needs, you may be eligible to apply for permanent residence under federal skilled worker class.

Federal skilled worker (FSW) applications are assessed based on several factors. To be eligble to apply, you must have a minimum of one year of continuous and paid (full-time or an equal amount in part-time) work experience in a single occupation within the last 10 years, at skill type 0, or skill levels A or B of the Canadian National Occupational Classification (NOC). This work experience has to be in one of the eligible occupations, you must have a valid offer of arranged employment, or you have to apply as an international student who is enrolled in a PhD program in Canada (or who graduated from a Canadian PhD program within the past 12 months) and meet these criteria.

For your FW application be successful, you must not be criminally or medically inadmissible and you will need to fulfill six selection criteria and prove sufficient settlement funds for you and your family.

You will be assessed on the basis of the following criteria:

• Skills in English and/or French

• Education,

• Work experience,

• Age,

• Arranged employment in Canada, and

• Adaptability.

Unless you have an offer of arranged employment, Citizenship and Immigration Canada will accept only 5,000 new FSW application between May 4, 2013, and April 30, 2014 – and a maximum of 300 applications per eligible occupation. PhD stream is currently subject to a cap of 1,000 applications.

How We Can Help

If you think that you have adequate skills, education and experience to immigrate to Canada, call our skilled worker immigration lawyer to find out if you are eligible to apply for permanent residence under the Federal Skilled Worker Class.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *